January 22, 2011

"Thought I could never walk with God again!"

Thuy & Thang in Thang's baptism day
Thuy cried as she testified how grateful she isseeing her husband
serving God in Christmas: "Thought I could never walk with God again!"
June 20 - Thang received Christ.

The news that Thuy got married to a non-believer guy saddened my heart. I remember in 2003 when I first came to Da Nang, a city of Central Vietnam for work, I led Nguyet to Christ and Nguyet was Thuy’s classmate then. As a new believer, Nguyet brought Thuy to church and I called her to receive Christ into her heart as her Savior and Lord. To my joy, Thuy offered her life to Christ. We had a great time growing and faith and serving God together in Da Nang for 3 years. And then, I left Da Nang for my theological training. 2009 as I came back I heard that she no long walked with God and even worshiped idols again in her wedding day.

We prayed for her, asking God’s forgiveness and interference to save Thuy again and even save her husband. We started contacting with them. Thuy was not that willing because she hardly thought of her husband to be a Christian. After 3 months demonstrating Christian love to this couple, Thang surrendered his life to God in our great joy.

Thang’s testimony is also an awesome story. He grows up with single mom and experienced a lot of failure in his life and work, till the point that he wanted to commit suicide. That’s why the gift of eternal life to him was so precious when he heard about the gospel.

Now we thank God for having this couple in our church. Thuy is our treasurer and Thang is a cell group leader and a Lead Team member.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home