December 31, 2008

Count His blessings

The year of 2008 is over. As we are looking forward to God's new surprises, Thuan and I had our special time to reflect to thank God for the 2008 and pray for 2009.


At first, I spent some time to go through my Thanksgiving Diary which I recorded each time I received a gift from God. Of course there have been more than those many things that God has done for me but the Thanksgiving Diary always helps me to count His blessings well because I am forgetful as other human beings. Amazingly! God had done so many things! And none of them was what I deserved to receive at all. This truth is not just something theological but experiential when I recalled all of my weaknesses and shortcomings in the past year. His strength indeed manifested during those circumstances.


Then, I also reflected on lessons He had taught me this year. I realize that I am not a good student of His. I might have been teachable sometimes but I failed most of His classes. Just like a teacher who comments "grace" for a student to pass his class, He had to do it many times. But it's still a blessing. Because the fact that I am still His student. And I can still sit in His class till I see Him face to face. He never fails me!


Count His blessings, name them one by one... I see His works on me, though not completely and beautifully as how He had designed for but I have learnt to appreciate more His corrections and blessings upon my life. Besides, I also relize that there are so many people God had used to convey His blessings to me throughtout the year and I just could thank God for each one of them and offered special prayers for them each.

"Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits"
Psalm 103:2

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home