December 22, 2008

Good news for the world

Thuan and I just finished one more Christmas program. We cannot truly say how much we thank God for it. When Thuan first discussed with me about his thoughts and ideas for his sermon with the offered topic "Good news for the world," I had a strong confidence that he would put things well together and I was touched when I read his script. We prayed together and I watched him practicing. (I don't know how long he will continue doing so with me for his sermon but I'd love it!). Thuan wanted to find a story to raise the need of the audience to receive the good news so he got me! Hey, it's not normal in Vietnam. We never heard any testimonies in church, neither saw someone sharing with the speaker as an illustration. Thuan said, "so we make it!"He assured me God would use my story to touch many lives because when good news came to our family, it brought turning point.
...Then Thuan spoke and I shared my testimony. I cried again... but whenever I have chance to share it, I count again God's blessings upon me. It renews my heart, my mind, and my soul, my commitment, and my passion. I thank God for giving me my first opportunity to do something new and inspiring here for my people.
Thuan was grateful to God for his message. It has been always a privilege for him to declare God's Word. He enjoys more the benefit of reading the Bible, mediating, and deepening in understanding about God's powerful and wonderful Word.
We thank God for an opportunity to serve and to honor Him through our life and service!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home