December 26, 2008

A gift to thank God for


Yesterday Thuan's sister-in-law bought all stuffs for our baby as they are also expecting his birth. Another gift to thank God. I have a habit of recording God's gifts in my thanksgiving journal so I added one more gift. They may not know how much it means to me, an expectant mother, to receive clothes and things Kairos. Not things but even a question how I am doing with the baby, how I am feeling, how I am expecting, does he moves in me...? These kinds of questions always brigh smiles to me... It makes me feel the whole world is expecting my baby...


I washed his clothes before putting them all in cabinet. It feels so good! The shirts, socks, hats, handkerchiefs.. are cute and so small...! Looking to my tummy, I told Kairos: "Mommy will be washing clothes for you from this small till your clothes will be bigger, bigger, and bigger..." What an experience!


As I was washing the clothes, I was also thanking God for our sister-in-law and I prayed for Kairos that God would be pleased to choose him for His work. I prayed that Kairos will meet Jesus personally in his young age of life and commit to serve Him. I am overwhelmed by the thought that my son will be used for God's glory in our country.


A gift can be just a gift if we just take it. But it will be more than just a gift if we think about the giver and his or her care and especially the ultimate Giver and His great love in providing it for us. When we think that way to come to God in thanksgiving and giving back to Him all that belonged to Him, we may find another kind of joy. Those moments are precious more than the gift.

******************************************************************


Note: The picture is Thuan when he was around one.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home