December 14, 2008

Bring Jesus to kids

People see it hard to hold an evangelism program for kids and tasks are not given to "amateur folks" because it's real hard to get kids quiet, sit, and participate properly. So, I felt hard, too after being asked by our pastor to be the speaker of the kid's evangelism program in church this Christmas. But Thuan agreed right the begining as the pastor asked him if I could join. I don't know if Thuan remebered his wife was moving to the ninth month of her pregnancy but Thuan said yes after telling me that I could do it well and that I should take it as a privilege. Well, of course I am always aware serving God is a privilege but... However, I obeyed God and Thuan. I know He had made a way for me to serve. And it was a great night! There were 70 kids as we prayed and we all enjoyed our night together. It was so cute when they answered the Sunday school teacher's question of what was there in the place where Jesus was born. One of them said there was horse and another ostrich! =) =) =)=)=)
...like angels sing...
I always love seeing kids singing and I am thankful that their teachers taught them many beautiful songs. And they really love singing to God.
It was funny to me, too as I started relating me with the pregnancy and one day my baby will be born and we would celebrate his birthday next year. They got the idea that Jesus was really born, that's why the world celebrate His birthday.
I guessed Kairos, my baby was tired because I needed to take long and deep breaths to speak loud enough and to do the actions along the story.
But I finally finished it! Yes, baby and mommy did it with a very great help and empowerment of God.
And these kids prayed to receive the gift of the Christmas, Baby Jesus into their lives. We all know they are too young to understand properly about faith and the importance of Jesus in their life but many churches over the world were planted by reaching kids.
One of them is Anh Thu, my little neigbour. I had her name in "my evangelistic prayer list" with the other nine. I prayed for her and her family members daily and I am grateful that He saved Anh Thu. Thuan said she would be my "peace of man" to reach the family. It sounds funny but why not? I am continually praying to invite her grandma, mother, and auntie to other gospel meetings. God loves Anh Thu and He truly has a wonderful plan for her life. I am convinced about that as the Proverbs said: "Train the child the way he should go, and he is old he will not turn from it." (Proverbs 22:6)
I thank God for the chance and I thank God for all the labors of the teachers!
My daily prayer for Kairos, my baby is that he will acknowledge God in His young age and grow in the knowledge and the grace of God as his father, Thuan. We always pray and ask God to teach us how to build an independant faith in our children in the future.
You can join praying for us.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home