February 20, 2009

"Things come hard will be more appreciated"

Once answering to the interview, Rick Warren shared his insights on life: "No matter how good things are in your life, there is always something bad that needs to be worked on. And no matter how bad things are in your life, there is always something good you can thank God for." I totally agree with him.

The due day of Kairos' birth according to the doctor went, Thuan and I had to wait for the day according to God, Thuan and I and Kairos' heavenly Father. Waiting is always an umcomfortable experience. Kairos' two grandmas came just to be there when we were worriedly and eagerly longing to see our baby. God's perfect time came as our his name, Kairos, God's appointed time. I was so sure that I was going to experience a natural delivery. Nervous. Worried. But excited. After 5 hour laboring, the nurse hurrily brought me to delivery room, telling me that everything went so fine and I could deliver Kairos after some more spasms of pain. That's great! God had strengthened me throughout my delivery would surely sustain me these moments. I kept all my breath in my mouth, saving for the last effort when that time came.
Just 5 minitues entering the delivery room, amniotic fluid in my tummy flowed. After the doctor checked. To my fear, he said I needed to go through a surgery due to baby's unconvenient position. They needed Thuan to sign a contract in agreement for me to be operated. I was not prepared for this at all. In pain, a series of question came to me: Why? Why a surgery? Why couldn't I deliver my baby normally? I don't want to be operated. Since my birth, I never had an injection, why now operation? If I accept to be operated, is that an act of submission or lack of faith? What does God really want me to do now? I asked the doctor twice if I could try to make it naturally. The answer was no.
After wrestling with God and myself in pain and shock, Thuan and I decided to trust God for whatever would happen. The surgery went very well. God gave me the peace of mind, expecting my Kairos. Just after few minutes, I heard a crying. It's my baby! It's Kairos! The assistant nurse took him to the adjacent room. I silently saw my baby from far, my tears just overflowed..! There is God's given gift to us, Kairos and here I am, still alive!
Although to avoid pain many women nowadays tend to prefer having an operation than a natural delivery, going through an operation was not what I expected. However, I have seen God's grace upon me through all of these. No matter how unexpected things came before I could see Kairos, there was actually many things good I could thank God for.
Moreover, I thank God for He has used that event to help me feel my family's love in a deeper and a more real way. And now the more I think about Kairos and how God has brought all things work together for our own good, the more I treasure Kairos and appreciate God's work!

"Things come hard will be more appreciated!"

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home